Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A few pieces from a project about my father

Over the past few months I have been trying to get to know my father as an adult through the artifacts he left behind.  There are more parts to this series, I will scan and post them soon. 


"Small Progress"

I did this Photocopy a few months ago.  I have about 10 like it.  My intention was to make a composite of my fathers favorite sweater.  After I got them home I ended up liking the individual copies more than the whole.  I will hopefully be less lazy and scan the rest of them.
This is a Photocopy of my fathers Navel Uniform.  I have titled it "Found in the Basement".

This is a photo album I found in my fathers storage unit a couple of years ago.  I was filling it with small black on black drawings, but I have been less interested in drawing black on black images recently so I utilized it for this project.  On the inside cover it says "Christmas 1901"


No comments:

Post a Comment