Friday, May 22, 2009

On going Collage project

I started this project a while ago.  I made one giant collage in my room about a year and a half ago.  I ended up getting frustrated and tearing it down because I had no idea what I was doing.  I decided to try and make a large print of it by photo copying all the segments when I was trying to document and finish a few pieces.  After I copied the originals I was going to put them altogether for a giant piece, but they ended up looking much better as individuals, and much better than the first messy collages I made.  It took about a year for me to figure this out because my brain is slow like molasses.  I have continued to make collages with the express purpose of  putting them in a book I am composing with the photocopies.  I ended up with two halves of different collages making up each page.  I am not sure how I feel about the whole thing right now, I have been more interested in photocopying objects.  I will most likely finish this years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment